
picture credit to broylim
There are various ways to order online, the two main ways I would say is ordering from Japan directly or via european companies such as colosseum.de and gan-shin.com.
If you're after older CDs by quite popular bands it maybe worth trying to find them at local online music stores like HMV. You'd be surprised what they stock online.
And now to ordering online at japan based companies, there are two main ones yesasia and cdjapan. I find yesasia to be more expensive than cdjapan. (There is a japanese version of cdjapan which is neowing.)
The other day MatsuyA was telling me about ordering from Brand-x Most of the site is written in Japanese, but there is a special part for oversea orders which apparently arrives very fast.
There are a variety of ways for them to ship to you, but the cheapest is usually by "SAL" which is the basic standard. It will take longer to arrive, but of course you pay for what you get. EMS is the more expensive method.
How to pay:
Well, websites will generally ask for payments by credit /debit card (visa, etc. Please check as it depends on the website). A lot of sites are also accepting paypal payments which requires you to have a paypal account (obviously) for this you will need a bank account/card to make one.
Brand-x accepts International Postal Money Orders, Registered mail (no idea what this is, someone help?), and paypal. They don't seem to accept card for oversea orders.
In england you can only usually get a credit/debit card when you are 16+. So for kids under 16, ask your parents. (ASK FOR THEIR PERMISSION, I'M NOT GETTING THE BLAME FOR CHILDREN BUYING STUFF ON THEIR PARENTS CARD.)
I have brought things from a majority of these sites, so for first time buyers who are a little nervous can trust these sources.
Hope this helps the first time buyers~
------------------------------------------------------------------
If theres anything important you've think I've missed please comment on this post so I can add to it for future reference. Thanks~(thanks for the corrections everyone.)
No comments:
Post a Comment